The PPSA on behalf of its member Trusts and in conjunction with the Collaborative Procurement Partnership as the Category Tower 4 provider, has successfully agreed Trauma, Extremities and Spinal contractual commitment arrangements. This has secured:
- Added value and cost improvement savings.
- Benefits of supplier and product standardisation which helps to support clinical teams.
- Decrease of product variance making stock management easier to control.
- The range of different types of instruments is reduced making it easier for sterile service teams to manage.
- Training requirements for all staff levels can be focused.
- Reducing variance supports the ’model hospital’ and GIRFT methodology.
To date the PPSA has recorded £577K of savings for Trauma, Extremities and Spine by utilising this route to market.